Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Cheesecake.


As you may have noticed in my profile, one of my main interests is unattended food and drinks. So you can imagine my delight when a fresh, warm cheesecake was left out on the dining room table as I happened by. I hopped up to explore further but was sadly spotted in my reconnaissance efforts and rudely shoved away. No matter... there are always other chances.

I carefully bided my time, keeping a casual eye on the delectable treat. This cake was quite incredibly not created for me and my sophisticated palate, but rather for my person and her birthday. Therefore it wasn't going to be handed to me, I had to get it for myself. Luckily for me, the birthday meant that there were activities occurring which took the people out of the kitchen and dining room, leaving that rich, luscious snack completely unattended... my favourite way to find them. A patient cat is well rewarded.

I snuck up onto the dining room table, crept carefully over to the cooling rack, and treated myself to a generous helping of the scrumptious treat. Oh, heaven, this is what you must taste like...

Needless to say, the people are not as thrilled with my talents for scavenging as I am, and there was quite an uproar when they discovered that foolishly leaving such a delicacy alone had laid it victim to my ways. But believing that I, like most lowly pets, have only a five minute memory, they were remarkably easy on me. Foolish humans.

You can see in the photo above the nice sized hole that I made.

No comments: